Derby defender Walton joins on loan
County manager Sammy McIlroy has strengthened his defence by bringing in Derby County centre back Dave Walton on a month’s loan spell. Although Derby say the 30-year-old is making the loan switch to boost his fitness, County need him at the moment as centre back Rob Clare is currently out injured.
The 30-year-old former Crewe Alexendra defender has only made three appearances for the Rams this season so Derby manager George Burley is hoping that a loan move to County will boost his match fitness.
As centre back Rob Clare is currently sidelined with an ankle injury, Dave should come straight into the side in his place. Right back John Hardiker has been playing in the centre of defence in Rob’s absence although he should now revert back to his normal right back position now that Sammy McIlroy has bought in Walton on loan.
The 6’ 2″ centre back should make his County debut this weekend as County take on Wrexham at the Racecourse Ground.
Published: 4th February 2004
- 2016 October
- 2015 October August July
- 2013 November October August July June May January
- 2012 March February
- 2010 December November October September August July
- 2009 February
- 2008 December September August July June
- 2007 October July June April February
- 2006 December November August July June May April February January
- 2005 December October April March February January
- 2004 December October September August July June May March February January
- 2003 December November October September August July June May April March February January
- 2002 December November October September August July June May April March February January
- 2001 December November October September August July June May April March February January
- 2000 September